Monday, January 10, 2011

WHERE ARE WE GOING TO?


This is a card I made to accompany some Zoo tickets I got for the family over Christmas. I've been messing about with applying different textures in photoshop and in this piece I used some scanned letratone and brown card as well as some printmaking textures that I'm hoping to build up a library of. I don't want to move too far away from creating natural textures when I'm painting but I want to expand my palette of textures and have more flexibility in controlling them. Plus it's always fun to keep experimenting and stepping out of the comfort zone. Let me know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Like! It still looks like a 'Nielsen', and the 'halftone' textures are in keeping with your retro sensibilities. A little bit Vintage 'Archie' Comic *?*. Cheapy clear plastic leaf folders make a good user friendly collage library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdi Laura, cheers for the feedback, much appreciated! I AM Jughead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..and I was Betty Cooper in a former life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christopher, I love your style and your website is beautiful!, I am very inspired by your craziness; especially your inspiration from those weird old artworks And this one, I love this one, simple yet... very cool. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete